OCASC has representatives on most Ottawa Carleton District School Board Committees.
Under the provisions of OCDSB Policy P.010 ~ Community Involvement on Board Standing Committees, OCASC is entitled to have a non-voting representative at the table for the following OCDSB Standing Committees:
- Business Services (and its Budget sub-Committee),
- Chair’s Committee
- Education Committee
- Human Resources Committee
Representatives may participate fully in the debates of the Standing Committees on the same basis as a Trustee member, except that only Trustee members may make and vote on motions. Our representatives bring important information from these meetings and report to the General Assembly. Reports are posted under the appropriate Committee, as they are made available.
Please check under the committee of interest on the menu to the left for regular updates.
Additionally, the OCDSB allows OCASC representatives to sit at the following Advisory Committees:
- Advisory Committee on the Arts
- Children and Youth at Risk Advisory Committee (CAYARAC)
- Community Council on Ethnocultural Equity (CCEE)
- Parental Involvement Committee (PIC)
- School Year Calendar Committee
- Secondary School Program Review (SSPR) Ad Hoc Committee
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) – Note: SEAC is provincially legislated and all SEAC members have voting rights including OCASC’s representative.
- Technology and Trades Committee