How do councils handle cash after school events?
- There is a safe with a slot, which is kept in the Principal’s office ( Costco sells the best safe)
- Money is always counted by two people, and placed in a sealed envelope, which is then placed in the safe
- Banking through the school office. There is a Board system in place for this kind of banking. Principal is always onsite during school events
How do councils manage online payments?
- hotlunches.net – There is a fee, but it is a simple system to use.
- Cashless transactions coming to all OCDSB school in 2018 (schoolcashonline) – starting with a pilot of approx. 20 schools – formal rollout in May 2017