Monthly Parent Support/Education Night
Thursday, June 5, 2014 From: 7-9 PM
The Motivation Breakthrough: Secrets to Turning On the Tuned-Out Child
Rick Lavoie explodes common myths and gives specific advice for motivating children with learning disabilities. He outlines parents’ and teachers’ roles, suggesting ways in which they can work together to encourage any child to reach his or her potential. With empathy and understanding, Lavoie offers parents and teachers the key to unlocking enthusiasm and responsiveness, proving any child can be motivated to learn.
ABOUT THE GROUP:
- For Parents ,Guardians, Educators of children and young adults with Learning Disabilities (LD`s) and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD).
- Experienced facilitator guides the meetings.
- Provides the opportunity to share feelings, thoughts, problems, solutions and information with other individuals.
- Come browse our Roy Cooper Memorial Resource Library from 6:30-7 PM
- Donations are appreciated to help offset costs of the meeting.
Childcare is available at $5 per child: please RSVP 613-567-5864 or email@example.com in advance so that we can arrange for enough staff.