OCASC welcomes special guest Kevin Gardner, OCDSB Manager of Financial Services to provide an up-to-date and accurate picture of the Board budget situation as well as an update on another important piece of the puzzle…School Council Finances. Topics covered will include:
- Why is this year different? What is the extent of budget pressures?
- Where will the cuts come from? (main options board have/will consider)?
- What is the high level process and timelines (with emphasis on where parents and school councils can have a voice)?
- What concerns have been voiced by parents, community members and teachers to date?
- Is this a one-year challenge? What is expected for the following year? Will things stabilize or are further cuts predicted?
- How does our budget situation compare with other boards?
- What revenue generating options are underway/being considered?
All are welcome! OCASC Assembly Meeting, Thursday, February 18, 7pm-9pm, Fisher Park School, 2nd Floor Library, 250 Holland Avenue.