Last Thursday, November 19, OCASC held its November Assembly meeting following the OCDSB’s annual Volunteer Appreciation Reception for community representatives on OCDSB committees, school council members and OCASC members.
Thank you to the OCDSB for hosting the reception, for the opportunity for parents to meet staff and trustees and for all the wonderful food!
At the OCASC meeting in the OCDSB Board Room, 51 school were represented – a number that has grown and we hope will continue to grow!
Some of the highlights of the meeting include:
- Play Structures: a Chalk It Up discussion on fundraising, building, grants, safety aspects for new and renewing playstructures;
- Balanced School Day: for this Chalk It Up item enough interest was shown that OCASC will schedule a presentation and full discussion on the Balanced School Day in the near future;
- Milk Program Presentation: a presentation by Mutchmor School Council on the most efficient Milk Program ever;
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force: a presentation by Jacqueline Lawrence, the OCDSB’s Diversity and Equity Coordinator, on the new Diversity and Inclusion Task Force and its work ahead.
Two other items of business at the meeting:
- OCASC Constitution: the OCASC Assembly approved an amended constitution – Final Draft.
- OCASC Committee Reps: the OCASC 2009 2010 Committee Reps to OCDSB committees were ratified by the Assembly.
Complete draft minutes are available for anyone who wished to view them.