At last night’s meeting Carolyn Tanner, OCDSB Human Rights and Equity Advisor, came to get some input into the OCDSB Human Rights Policy. We had great discussion about what this means and what we would like to see this policy cover.
The OCDSB Human Rights Policy will meet several aims. It will:
- promote and protect human rights within the OCDSB community;
- set out rights, roles and responsibilities of students, parents, staff and the OCDSB itself;
- establish accountability mechanisms to allow people to request changes that will remove barriers that may result in discrimination and seek resolution of human rights-related concerns or complaints.
You can make your voice heard by choosing to do one or more of the following:
- Complete our survey (coming soon to OCSD website
- Volunteer to lead a virtual discussion/consultation with your class (for teachers), club or group of friends. We will provide you with the materials that you need. Reach out to us at email@example.com
- Participate in a virtual consultation (watch this space for dates and times)
- Write us a message and share your thoughts and ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encourage friends and family to participate too – share the link to the survey, share the video, etc.
This is a great way to engage your council on the topic of Human Rights. Start a discussion on how your council could contribute and review ways you can make procedures, activities are supporting Human Rights.