School Councils will have the opportunity to register for one Virtual Speaker Night only. A total of 72 Virtual Speaker Nights are available. As sessions are selected by a school council, dates will be eliminated from the application form. The successful applicants will be notified shortly after registration is complete. Please review the updated list of topics and available dates prior to registering for a session.
As a reminder the list of topics includes a “School Council Choice” for those councils who wish to select and run their own virtual speaker’s night. In these cases, the OCDSB will fund up to $650 of the cost of a speaker selected by the council. School councils are required to submit a short one page summary of their event. A google form will be provided to school councils to facilitate reporting. Sessions are limited and as such will be on a first come first serve basis.
Please register by clicking on the appropriate link below:
- Media Smarts Virtual Speaker Night
- Parents for Diversity Virtual Speaker Night: Understanding Equity in Education
- Paul Davis Virtual Speaker Night: Social Networking Safety
- Rideauwood Addiction and Family Services Virtual Speaker Night: Mental Health and Addiction
- Scientists in School Virtual Family Night
- OCDSB Virtual Speaker Night: Self-Regulation in Children and Adolescence
- OCDSB Virtual Speaker Night: The Parent-Child Connection
- School Council Choice of a Virtual Speaker Night
The District is providing the following support to the school councils:
- A toolkit to help school councils prepare for and promote and moderate their Virtual Speaker Night.
- School councils must complete this google form in order to fulfil the reporting requirements to the Ministry upon the completion of the virtual speaker night session.
Should you require any assistance, please contact Engy Abdel Masieh, Policy Analyst, Board Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.